We will be posting the results of all of the events from the Meet of Champions in the next several days. In the mean time, Team results:
- St. Pius X (Portland) – 288.50 points
- St. Anthony (Tigard) 219
- St. Thomas More (Portland) 179
- West Hills Christian School (Portland) 173.50
- Our Lady of the Lake (Lake Oswego) 153
- Valley Catholic (Beaverton) 133
- Holy Trinity (Beaverton) 111
- St. Matthew (Hillsboro) 107
- Christ the King (Milwaukie) 82
- All Saints (Portland) 60
- Cathedral School (Portland) 58
- St. John the Apostle (Oregon City) 52
- St. Francis (Roy)/Visitation (Verboort) 44
- St. Andrew Nativity (Portland) 38
- St. Clare (Portland) 31
- Holy Family (Portland) 30
- Our Lady of Lourdes (Vancouver, WA) 30
- Madeliene (Portland) 29
- St. Ignatius (Portland) 25
- St. John Fisher (Portland) 16
- St. Joseph (Vancouver, WA) 12
The CYO dances over the course of a year are extremely popular activities and good learning opportunities for youth on how to dress and behave in a social setting with other middle school youth. It is also an opportunity for youth whose regular contact might be through competition to come together and become friends in a more social setting. The May CYO dance is always outdoors where we welcome next year’s 7th graders and say goodbye to the current 8th graders. This dance will number in the range of 800 to 1000 middle schoolers. It is one of the most enjoyable dances of the year and this year in particular as the kids could not have been a better group of youngsters! Special thanks to St. Matthew and Holy Redeemer for acting as the parent chaperones! Maryann & Brian Stewart and the dance team!
We enjoyed watching the pizza crew try to keep up with the dancers!
The new hand washing stations are taking shape at Mary’s Lodge. Troughs will be added which will help define the space. They are looking great and will kick it up a notch from our original stations which were extremely creative and made a big difference in the battle against germs!
Terry Porter 2018 CYO champions of Faith Speaker invites you to the event October 9, 2018 at the Oregon Convention Center! The event benefits CYO and Camp Howard. It is the annual fundraising dinner for the organization. We hope you will join us!
The West Regional CYO Track and Field Championship was held at Valley Catholic May 12, 2018 for half of the 3rd & 4th graders. The other half participated in the East Regional meet at La Salle College Preparatory School in Milwaukie. Top 4 runners in each event from each regional will participate in the CYO Meet of Champions with the 5,6,7 & 8th Graders May 19 & 20 at Jesuit High School.