Track and Field began April 14th with four meets around the Greater Portland area including Valley Catholic, LaSalle, Seton Catholic and Liberty. With 1750 participants this year, three or four sites are scheduled each week to accommodate the participants. As we walked to the stadium at Valley Catholic, a race was concluding as team mates were shouting, “Go Bernie, Go!” Bernie won the 800 Cub Boys race!
Judith Winczewski, Colleen Nistler, Bob Burtchaell, Michelle Garcia, Lisa Sanders, Sr. Michael Francine Duncan, Werner Nistler, Jr., Jolie Abraham Phanton, Tammy Scanlon, Kathy Burtchaell, Ed Kluss, Rick Skayhan, Michael Garcia, Martha Norrie, Susan Skayhan & Sr. Krista von Borstel enjoy lunch at the Racquet Club to kick off the 8th Annual Champions of Faith benefit dinner for CYO/Camp Howard.
Thank you, Michael and Michelle for chairing our 2018 Champions of Faith Dinner October 9 at the Oregon Convention Center!!! Your participation is greatly appreciated!
Click on the links below to read more about the Garcia’s and CYO/Camp Howard!
No brag, just fact… my blood sister, Karla (von Borstel) Chambers and Sr. Adele Marie Altenhofen, S.S.M.O. were named among the Oregon Business Journal’s “Women of Influence” for 2018! How about that? Nice job ladies! We are all proud of you!
Mater Dei Radio helped us out with an opportunity to spread the good news about our upcoming open houses for Camp Howard. Please listen to the radio link and join us for one of three opportunities to see and learn more about Camp Howard! The first link is the radio program (10 minutes) the second link is information regarding dates and times on our website!
Three Opportunities to Hear About Camp Howard BEFORE Camp this year!!!
Your first opportunity is the…
In-Town Camp Sampler at Holy Trinity Parish, Sunday, April 29th from 3 to 5pm. This event is brought to you by popular demand. We heard from our community that parents and prospective campers would like the opportunity to ask questions and get information sooner so they can start scheduling summer activities. It also offers an opportunity for groups of friends to schedule their Camp Howard weeks together. Special thanks to Holy Trinity for hosting this opportunity!
Your second and third opportunities are at Camp Howard…
At Camp Open Houses: Sat. May 5th and Sun. June 24th from 2 to 5pm
- Meet our counselors and staff
- Tour the Camp. Come and fall in love with our breathtaking camp and numerous camp options
- Visit Mary’s Lodge, our newest addition
- Enjoy some refreshments including scratch-made breads and cookies
- We are a fully accredited, residential youth camp located about 30 miles from Portland in the scenic Mt. Hood Wilderness above the Bull Run River.
- Camp Howard is owned and operated by the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO).
- Weeklong residential Summer Camps are available from July to mid-August; Sunday-Friday
- 3-4 Day Mini-camp, Day Camp and a Weekend Family Camp are also offered
- Experienced staff including an on-site registered nurse will ensure a summer of FUN for youth
- The food is homemade, nutritious and delicious.
- We have added character building activities for middle school kids including an amazing Zipline and giant swing for ages 13 and older and Laser Tag is offered to campers ages 11 and older
Please visit our camp website: www.camphoward.org to learn more
I am sure my excitement comes through on these photos and videos, especially with the passing of each week and the completion of more and more parts of the building! I really like everything about the building and expect that the kids will love it too because after all, it is for them to enjoy!